as I like it
- Gently fry the bacon in a pan.
- Use the remaining fat to fry the onion slices for 1 minute.
- Form 10 portion of the ground beef (making quarter pounder hamburgers after grilling) and use some olive oil on it.
- Put the on the heated grill for 5 minutes, turn them and top them with the cheese slice, heating them for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place the bun on the griddle for 10-20 seconds and put in the hamburger with the cheese and the baked onion and do not forget REX KETCHUP before you bite in. You can (and probably should) use some more salad items, but I don’t.
- If you make some French fries topped with some more REX KETCHUP you are going for the best!
Ingredients for 10 portions
(since it is a social food!):
- 2 pc of onion
- 10 slices of bacon
- 3 pound of ground beef
- 10 slices of brie or cheddar cheese
- 10 hamburger banny (a bit roasted)
- salt and freshly grinded pepper
- olive oil
Chicago style deep dish
As the former managing director of Pizza Hut Hungary in the 90’s and former CEO of Pizza Express Hungary in the 2000’s I still have to keep all the secret recipes of those companies. However, my favorite pizza is not one of them. As a young engineer I spent some time in the US and lived in Chicago. I can tell you that the Chicago style deep dish pizza probably is the best of all! Let me share it with you:
Making the dough
- Measure 350 ml warm water and put in the 7 g dry yeast with 1 tea spoon of sugar. Stir it for 5 minutes to give some time for the yeast to start working.
- Mix it with 480 g pizza flour and 120 ml olive oil and 1 table spoon of sea salt. You can use a dough mixer but your hand is the best. Don’t over mix it. Add flour to it until it is still a sticky consistency.
- Form 3-4 pc of 250-300 g dough balls and put them on a tray, with the base sprinkled with flour. Cover and put them to a warm place for 1 hour. Place them into the fridge for 2 hours to rest. Keep them covered and spray them with a bit of warm water occasionally.
- Gently spread the dough ball and place it in an oiled pizza pan. Do not use more than just a teaspoon of olive oil in the pan!
- Go around the pizza with your middle fingers and make a nice rim for the pizza. Make sure you spread the rim with olive oil.
- Just use 1-2 table spoon REX KETCHUP on the thin crust in the pan. You should spread some oregano and basil leaves on it. Make sure you do not damage the rim of the crust.
- Next is the sausage (Hungarian Gyulai sausage is used in 400 Pizza Express restaurants in the UK!) but you can use preheated ground beef and onion and slices and green chili or whatever you like.
- Make mozzarella cubes 1 by 1 cm and spread them evenly on the pizza. Do not use too much since it will prevent the pizza from proper baking. You never center load the toppings! Try to apply them evenly on the surface of the pizza.
- Spread on the pizza, some olive oil, salt and rough black pepper before it goes to the oven.
BakingI guess you do not have a pizza oven at home (think about having one) just put in your kitchen oven for MAXIMUM heat. Pre heat the oven for 5 minutes and put the pizza in for 6-12 minutes depending on your oven. Please watch it carefully until the cheese turns a spotty golden brown. A good pizza stands straight when you hold the slice in your hand! I put some REX KETCHUP drops on the hot cheese. Slice it with a proper pizza slicer blade after 1-2 minutes.
- 7 g dry east
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 480 g pizza flour (strong!)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 120 ml +10ml olive oil
- 350 ml warm water
- 6 table spoon REX KETCHUP
- 150 g ’Gyulai’ sausage sliced
- 150 g fried sliced onion
- 150 g green chili paprika sliced
- 6 g dried oregano
- 5-6 green basil leaves
- more salt
- rough black pepper
- I use a small bagette cut and gently pre baked. Cook the Vienna style sausage in cold water until it starts to boil. I also fry some thin slices of bacon and onion together in a frying pan.
- I put a few salad leaves in the bagette under the hot sausage and top it with bacon and onion.
- Do not forget to top it with HOT REX KETCHUP!
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the bread slices and bake them dry in the frying pan.
- Spice bread with salt and ground black pepper. Place rucola and tapenade on toast.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges. Mix ketchup with vinegar and finely chopped red onion. Flip the tomatoes into the mix, and distribute it over the bread slices. Serve them whilst the bread is warm!
- 4 slices white bagette
- Tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g rucola salad
- 2 tablespoons tapenade
- 4 mini tomatoes in different colors
REX KETCHUP Original or HOT
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ red onion
- salt and pepper